International Applicants

If you're not a US citizen, you'll need a legal visa* to participate in the Rogue Farm Corps (RFC) program. Because RFC cannot sponsor visas for individual interns or apprentices, we've partnered with the Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture (MESA). MESA sponsors J1 visas and US programs for international agriculture trainees (aka MESA Stewards). To review MESA's program information for international trainees, click here.

Each organization -- RFC and MESA -- facilitates its own internship program, and both organizations charge separate program fees. In addition to MESA's $75 application and $1850 US program fee, RFC charges $1750 to join our program, for a grand total of $3675 USD. You're also responsible to pay the visa processing and Embassy fees ($340), airfare to/from the United States, and health insurance while in the United States.

First step for international candidates? Carefully review MESA's program information and apply to MESA. After you apply, email MESA and tell them you want to apply for the RFC program. MESA will then schedule your Skype interview, approve your application, and recommend you directly to RFC for special consideration. If RFC invites you to join, you will also be asked to complete RFC's program application to match you with a RFC US Host farm. Once you're matched with a US Host --whether if be a RFC or MESA Host -- MESA will then issue your visa application packet and guide you through the visa process.

*Tourist visas are not valid for US-based training.